BEGINNER Digital Design + Art: 8-9 OCT 2019
Let's get creative! Learn how to create Digital Art + Content using iPads
Who wants to be a graphic or web page designer? Your child's journey into the exciting world of Digital Art + Design starts here. We begin by exploring the basics of design concepts and how it's applied in print and digital media around us.
- Learn from real Graphic Designers and Artists in 2 packed + fun-filled days
- Introduction to Design: the good and the bad!
- Use of colour, fonts and layout techniques to improve your child’s school work and presentations
- Take photos, learn how to edit in Photoshop and use the photos in their projects
- Design + Create their own movie poster (starring your child!), party invitation and even their own business logo and card – wherever their creativity leads them!
- Create their own digital art using shapes
- Use of hand illustration and/or drawing on the iPad
- iPad based learning using PixelKids stylus and Adobe software (all supplied)
In this introductory 2-Day workshop, our students learn some of the tricks of a digital designer, how to layout a page, design their own layouts, create digital art, edit images and much more!
These valuable skills enable our students to improve the look of their work by applying the core design principles they have been taught in this 2-day workshop. You will also be able to access and view their work.
- Price is per child.
- Suitable for ages 8 - 14 yrs
- Check-in at 9:00 AM for 9:30 AM start - 3:00 PM (late charges apply after 3:15 PM)
- OPTIONAL: Extra Design Time, finish at 5:00 PM (separate purchase) -
Day 1 Extra Time;
Day 2 Extra Time; OR
Days 1 + 2 Extra Time
- Prerequisites: None
- All tech equipment and software is supplied in class.
- To keep our creativity flowing, we stop and have 3 breaks each day.
What to pack:
Please bring healthy snacks, lunch + water bottle.
[NOTE: For allergy reasons, we are a 'Nut-Free Zone']