2-Day Digital Design Workshop: 14-15 JAN 2019
EARLY BIRD OFFER: Book before 31 DEC 2018 and SAVE!
Let's get creative! Learn how to create Digital Content using iPads
Who wants to be a graphic or web page designer? Your child's journey into the exciting world of Digital Art + Design starts here. We begin by exploring the basics of design concepts and how it's applied in print and digital media around us.
- Learn from real Graphic Designers and Artists in 2 packed + fun-filled days
- Introduction to Design: the good and the bad!
- Use of colour, fonts and layout techniques to improve your child’s school work and presentations
- Take photos, learn how to edit in Photoshop and use the photos in their projects
- Design + Create their own movie poster (starring your child!), party invitation and even their own business logo and card – wherever their creativity leads them!
- Use of hand illustration and/or drawing on the iPad
- iPad based learning using PixelKids stylus and Adobe software (all supplied)
In this introductory workshop, our students learn some of the tricks of a digital designer, how to layout a page, create their own layouts, edit images and much more!
These valuable skills enable our students to improve the look of their work by applying the core design principles they have been taught in this 2-day workshop. You will also be emailed a copy of their work at the end.
- Price is per child.
- Suitable for ages 8 - 14 yrs
- Check-in at 9:00 AM for 9:30 AM start - 3:00 PM (late charges apply after 3:15 PM)
- OPTIONAL: Extra Design Time, finish at 5:00 PM (separate purchase) -
Day 1 Extra Time;
Day 2 Extra Time; OR
Days 1 + 2 Extra Time
- Prerequisites: None
- All tech equipment and software is supplied in class.
- To keep our creativity flowing, we stop and have 3 breaks each day outdoors.
What to pack:
Please bring a hat, healthy snacks, lunch + water bottle.
[NOTE: For allergy reasons, we are a 'Nut-Free Zone']