2-Day Makerspace Workshop: 19-20 APRIL 2018
Let's Explore + Invent + Play!
"The skills needed to grow our 21st century learners – collaboration, creativity, critical thinking + communication." - Australian Government, Department of Education and Training
Our Makerspace workshop is an awesome way to get kids inventing, learning by doing and thinking in fresh ways about the world around them. It offers the chance for them to engage in the design thinking engineering process to identify opportunities for invention, building prototypes, conducting user testing, iterating on ideas and sharing those with the class... we believe any idea is a good idea!
We begin the workshop with hands-on projects and let our students build from there with their own design challenge. Using a combination of arts + craft and electronic tech kits, this is your child's opportunity to try out any wacky invention ideas, make lots of mistakes and let their imagination run wild!
- Price is per child.
- Suitable for ages 8 - 14 yrs
- Check-in at 9:00 AM for 9:30 AM start - 3:00 PM (late charges apply after 3:15 PM)
- OPTIONAL: Extra Makerspace Time, finish at 5:00 PM (separate purchase) -
Day 1 Extra Time;
Day 2 Extra Time; OR
Days 1 + 2 Extra Time
- Prerequisites: None
- All tech equipment and software is supplied in class.
- To keep our creativity flowing, we stop and have 3 breaks each day outdoors.
What to pack:
Please bring a hat, healthy snacks, lunch + water bottle and most importantly... your imagination!
[NOTE: For allergy reasons, we are a 'Nut-Free Zone']